Thinking about bangs? I’m guilty of sitting on the fence about the hair-chopping commitment. I’ve had bangs and grown them out and had them again. The look is great for the winter season and anyone can work them. It’s all just a matter of finding the perfect style for your face frame.
Here are some high-profile “bangers” that will help you get off that fence and possibly push you to have that “cutting-edge.”
It’s extremely difficult to find a photo of this fashion icon without her brow hidden behind her perfectly-golden and cropped hair. Below are the only two photos that expose only an inch of her forehead!
Zooey with her bangs is easily recognized. On a binge-watching marathon of New Girl, I have been known to say, “Hey, should I get bangs again?” Without the chopped hair across her brow-line, it’s not the easiest task to spot this girl.
Taylor is infamous for her golden, curly hair and her side swept (or straight-across) bangs. When she has her hair grown out and pushed completely to the side of her face, this award-winning singer isn’t so easily recognized.
This Glee star has a radiant voice and a stunning, straight-across bang. She does brush them to the side every now-and-again, but one thing’s for sure: she prefers the bang. Without the hair accessory, she looks like your average, pretty face with high cheek bones.
With her forehead out and about, this former Gilmore Girl would be hard to spot in a crowd. With her signature look (a classic side-swept bang), Bledel definitely shines with a focus on her beautiful, bright-blue eyes.
- When you’re feeling like the straight-across commitment is too much to bare: try a side-swept bang instead!
- When in doubt, try it out. Hair grows back… eventually!
- Pulling your hair to the side will create a completely different look and is a great go-to when you’re in the process for growing your hair out.
- Frequent trimming may help your hair grow out faster, but remember not to cut your bangs too short. They will take a while to grow out after any drastic chop-sesh (depending on how fast your hair normally grows out).
- If you want to try the look without even a snip of the scissors: Buy detachable bangs. You can reuse these clip-ins so you can get all of the benefits of this look without an ounce of scissor-remorse. You can buy them anywhere: from online at sites like Amazon or specialty beauty stores.
If you like what you’re reading, like me on Facebook!